Image Map

Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday Made It: Share Chair


I am very excited to link up with 4th Grade Frolics for the very first time for my Monday Made It post.




There are many different versions of the “Share Chair” that can be found on the internet. As I was talking with my friend and colleague, Renee, we decided we wanted to have Share Chairs in our classrooms this coming school year. However, we wanted to make the Share Chair special for each subject we teach.

Renee and I decided that the easiest way to change the chair for each subject we are teaching is to embroider on pieces of fabric the various names we came up with. Once we came up with the names to make the Share Chair special in relation to each subject, we then grabbed some fabric, ribbon, paint brushes and acrylic paint from the craft store. Then we picked up a pair of chairs from Goodwill.

Our first order of business was to sand and then prime our chairs. Once the primer was dry, we unleashed our creativity and literally spent a leisurely day painting.

Since the painting took an entire day and I had to head up north to Michigan for a wedding, Renee graciously volunteered to make the flaps that can be changed based upon the subject we are teaching. Our plan is to make a classroom job that has a student flipping the fabric to the subject we are sharing.
 
 
 
 
 

As you can see, this Monday Made It project took several days and some help from a fabulous friend. I think it was time well spent. Renee and I cannot wait to have our students use these Share Chairs this coming school year when they are sharing their work with the class!



Before I sign off for the night I want to ask you to take a moment to follow my blog on Bloglovin. Thanks! 

4 comments:

  1. So cute! It turned out adorbs!!! I have been wanting to paint my rocking chair forever BUT I keep changing color schemes...lol! Thanks for linking up:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete